Equilibrium® Standard Massage Pad
Equilibrium Massage Pad STANDARD SIZE
**New look stock, including elastic belly band + 2 year manufacturers warranty** Free CET waterproof cap with every purchase in November ❤️💙
Reward, Relax and Release your horse’s potential
A lightweight and portable massage pad, clinically proven to improve back flexibility and promote relaxation.
- Shaped to follow the contours of the horse’s back, providing coverage from withers to quarters.
- Battery operated 30-minute sessions.
- Three different, easily adjustable programs that allow you to choose the intensity of the massage.
- 2-year product
Contains 1 x Equilibrium Massage Pad, 1 x Equilibrium Bag, 1 x Equilibrium Battery, 1 x Equilibrium International Charger.
The Equilibrium Massage Pad was developed through clinical trials at Myerscough College, UK. The innovative design provides effective, affordable equine massage. Proven to improve back flexibility and promote relaxation in horses, the Equilibrium Massage Pad was created to help a successful ex-racehorse.
How does the Massage Pad work?
The Equilibrium Massage Pad has three different settings, which can be selected easily from the controller. This allows you to select the intensity of the program to suit your horse. Each program has three types of massage: pulsing, vibration and stroking, which ensures muscles are worked in different ways.
- The low setting can be used to cool down after work.
- The medium setting is ideal to warm up muscles before exercise.
- The high setting for when your horse requires a more intense massage.
Each session will last for 30 minutes however, this can be manually stopped at any time.
It comes in a handy carry bag, which makes it ideal for use at home and away. It is easy to store in the tack room and can be wiped clean. The bag also has storage spots which can be used for items such as the battery and charger.
It can be used on its own or in conjunction with the hand-held Massage Mitt or the Massage Mitt Hotspot for an all over massage.
Alternatively, if your horse is over 16.2hh in 6’6 rugs and above you may want to look at our XL Massage Pad.
The Equilibrium Massage Pad can be used for:
- Horses on box rest to maintain good blood flow
- After exercise to help support recovery
- Before exercise as part of warm up
- At a show to relax after travelling
- On your horse’s day off as part of a maintenance programme
- Anytime as a reward.
The Equilibrium Massage Pad was tested by Myerscough College in Lancashire, UK.
The results showed that the massage pad offers significant benefits to working horses, which include improving back flexibility and promoting relaxation and can show an increase in stride length.
The trial investigated the effects of massage on well-schooled horses. Signs of stress or relaxation were measured immediately before, during and after the application of the Equilibrium Horse Massage Pad over a six-week period. Secondly, the horses were assessed in terms of flexibility and suppleness. There were two groups of horses – a treated group and a control group.
The horses that had used the Massage Pad showed a significant improvement in back